February 26, 2013 – Colasoft, an Oklahoma company, is a leading provider of innovative, affordable, network analysis software solutions. Colasoft today announced the release of its latest Capsa Network Analyzer, version 7.7, a real-time portable network analyzer for wired and wireless network monitoring, bandwidth analysis, and intrusion detection.
In addition to Bandwidth Monitoring and Traffic Analysis, Capsa Enterprise now has Filters and Views to not only alert of a CyberAttack, but also provide the ability to perform detailed packet analysis to assess the impact of the CyberAttack. A Free Trial version is available for download at: http://www.colasoft.com/download/products/download_capsa.php
Capsa now has the ability allow network engineers to create custom alarm rules to monitor for network anomalies, such as excessive traffic throughput, excessive broadcast packets, suspicious conversations, and much more. Capsa 7.7 will now provide alarm alerts and email notification the moment an alert is triggered allowing you to react in minutes to a network violation or CyberAttack.
“Capsa is the only Packet Sniffer and Packet Decoder to provide an easy to use GUI combined with CyberAttack Detection features”, said Brian K. Smith, Vice President at Colasoft LLC, “found only in a more expensive Intrusion Detection Application. Colasoft Capsa now offers the Network Engineer one of the most robust Bandwidth and Packet Analysis tools available.”
With the release of Capsa 7.7 over 10 new decoders were added for protocols like; SIP, SDP, MEGACO/H.248, MGCP, Q.931, SAP, H.225, RMI, Oracle, MMS, GOOSE, SMV, and GMRP. Capsa also added several new VoIP protocols. Capsa inherently analyzes VoIP issues, like voice quality QOS, dropped packets and connectivity issues.
The following are brief descriptions for some of these protocols:
- SIP (Session Initiation Protocol): a widely used protocol for controlling communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP).
- SDP (Session Description Protocol): a format for describing streaming media initialization parameters [RFC 4566].
- MEGACO/H.248: known as Gateway Control Protocol, a recommendation from ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) which defines protocols that are used between elements of a physically decomposed multimedia gateway.
- MGCP (Media Gateway Control Protocol): a protocol used for controlling media gateways on Internet Protocol (IP) networks and the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
- Q.931: the ITU standard ISDN connection control signaling protocol, forming part of Digital Subscriber Signaling System No. 1.
- SAP (Session Announcement Protocol): an experimental protocol for broadcasting multicast session information [RFC 2974].
- H.225: part of the H.323 family of telecommunication protocols.
- Oracle: a protocol used by Oracle database to transfer data.
Additionally Capsa now offers the ability to alert on “Suspicious Conversations”, to track employee activity or even log and view IM conversations. Capsa helps not only identify “Top Talkers” but also help protect your company against internal employee theft of Intellectual Property.
Capsa 7.7 is compatible with Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.
A trial version is available for download at: http://www.colasoft.com/download/products/download_capsa.php
Capsa is an easy-to-use Ethernet packet sniffer (network analyzer or network sniffer) for network monitoring and troubleshooting purposes. It performs real-time packet capturing, 24×7 network monitoring, reliable network forensics, advanced protocol analyzing, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosing. By giving you insights into all of your network’s operations, Capsa makes it easy to isolate and solve network problems, identify network bottleneck and bandwidth use, and detect network vulnerabilities.
Since 2001, Colasoft, an Oklahoma Company, has been an innovative provider of all-in-one and easy-to-use software solutions for users to monitor network activities, analyze network performance, enhance network security, and troubleshoot network problems. Currently, more than 5,000 customers in over 80 countries trust the company’s flagship product, Capsa Packet Sniffer, as their network monitoring and troubleshooting solution. Please visit http://www.colasoft.com for more information.